Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dr Dre Instrumental

Finally I get to blog about something other than that which is visual, although this is a small blog.

Yet again from one of my favourite sites, New Scientist, comes a piece on Dr Dre.... I never thought I'd see that!



Dr Dre's threatnin' to mix science with art in a new instrumental album that has been inspired by the solar system.

"An instrumental album is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it The Planets."


Dre explains he's been studying the planets in his spare time over the past two years which has allowed him to learn the personalities of the planets and thus give the planets their own sound.

"It’s just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I’m gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental."

"I wanna do it in surround sound. It'll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work."


I welcome this advance. Any way in which we can help make science a little more cool, I am happy with.

You can see a snippet of the original interview, concerning Dr Dre's upcoming album Detox at Vibe Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
copyrighted